With Australia’s world-renowned multicultural adoption and acceptance, it is easy to see why many people wish to call Australia home. Australia’s thriving job market, beautiful weather and the high quality of lifestyle, many people wish to pledge their allegiance to this beautiful country.
If you wish to submit an Australian Citizen Application, there are a few mandatory requirements that all applicants need to meet:
- You must be a permanent resident at the time when your application is submitted and also at the time of decision
- You must meet all residence requirements
- You must intend to live in Australia or demonstrate that you intend to maintain a continuous association with the country
- You must know and understand your privileges as well as your responsibilities as a citizen of Australia
- You must be of good character
- You must have at least basic fluency in the English language
Finally, applicants who are over 60 years of age are exempt from sitting the citizenship test.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN APPLICATION
When submitting your Australian Citizen Application, you will be required to submit three types of documentation:
Identity documents include legal documentation that shows your birth name, date of birth, gender, photograph, signature, and current residential address.
If you have formally changed your name and it is different from your birth name, you will need to submit documents that show the link between the original and the changed names.
Good Character Documents
You will need to provide a penal clearance certification if you have traveled to or lived outside of Australia and spent a total of 12 months or more overseas since you were granted a permanent Australian visa. This only applies to travels undertaken from the age of 18. If you visited multiple countries, you will need to obtain a penal clearance certificate from every country that you spent over 90 days in.
The supporting documents that you require to submit may vary from one applicant to another. Depending on your unique circumstances, you may need to provide:
- Documentation supporting your special residence application
- Supporting documentation for discretions, concessions, and exemptions
- Proof of residence for New Zealand migrants
- All documentation related to minor dependents included in your application
Using An Immigration Agent Is Critical
Applying for Australian citizenship is a huge step, one that can impact your whole future. However, Australian authorities are very particular about who they grant citizenship to and even the smallest mistake could get your application refused. With so much at stake, you want to make sure that your application is complete and correct in every way and the best way to increase the odds of a successful application is by going through an established agency such as LIVV Immigration.
With several years of experience behind us, we are familiar with the application process and will guide you every step of the way to ensure that your application is completed correctly and submitted on time for the highest chances of success.
Please contact Livv Immigration migration agent in Melbourne if you require any additional information or if you would like to discuss your options further.