Apply For Temporary Graduate Visa
If you’re an international student and have recently graduated in Australia or outside Australia with qualifications that meet the Australian study requirement, you may be eligible to remain in or enter the country on a Temporary Graduate Visa (SC 485).
There are two streams included in the Temporary Graduate visa. They are the Graduate Work Stream and the Post-Study Work Stream. It’s important that you understand which stream is suitable for your situation.
Read on for more details regarding the Temporary Graduate Visa.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE 485 VISA
- For the post-study work stream, you must have completed at least 2 years of study in Australia.
- For the graduate work stream of the 485 visa, you must have a qualification that meets the Australian study requirement.
- For the post-study work stream, you must have graduated with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You must be younger than 50 years of age to be eligible for the 485 visa.
- For the graduate work stream, your skills and experience must be relevant to an occupation on the appropriate Australian Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- You must already hold an eligible visa when you apply, such as a student visa.
- You will need to have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course.
WITH THIS VISA, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
- You will be able to remain in Australia on a subclass 485 visa for at least 18 months, and up to 4 years, depending on your stream and qualification.
- With the 485 visa, you will be able to bring your family to Australia with you on both streams. This includes a spouse or de facto partner, as well as children.
- You will be able to enter and exit the country as many times as you like whilst your 485 visa is valid.
- Under the post-study stream you will be able to work full time.
- For the graduate work stream, you may work in your nominated and sponsored occupation, which will be relevant to your qualifications.
Visa costs are variable. For the latest costs and charges applicable to your visa or for further information regarding Australian visas, contact our experienced, qualified & trustworthy migration agent by clicking here.