Apply For Temporary Activity Visa
If you want to remain or need to come to Australia for an event, program or other similar activity, you may be eligible for the Temporary Activity Visa (SC 408).
There are a number of streams under the SC 408 visa, with varying lengths and for different kinds of activities. Read on for more information regarding this visa.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SC 408 VISA
- You will need to have the skills and experience to be able to take part in the activity, program or event under the stream your visa is relevant to.
- To be eligible for the SC 408 visa, you must be supported or sponsored by an organisation.
- You will need to meet the requirements of the particular stream that you are applying for.
- You must be undertaking an activity or program such as religious work, research activity, professional sports, domestic work, or assisting with Australia’s COVID-19 recovery. A full list of the eligible streams can be seen here.
- You may need to provide evidence of good health and character, as well as prove that you do not have a criminal record.
- You may need to provide evidence of your financial situation and prove that you can support yourself and any dependents whilst in Australia.
WITH THIS VISA, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
- You will be able to come to Australia and remain in the country for up to four years (if participating in Australian government activities).
- The full length of your SC 408 visa will be dependent on the visa stream and your particular activity or program.
- You will be able to enter and exit the country as many times as you like whilst your visa is valid.
- You will be able to bring eligible family members to Australia with you on the SC 408 visa.
- You will be able to complete your program, or the work nominated and approved for in your visa stream.
WITH THIS VISA, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO
- You are not allowed to perform any work in Australia that is not part of your nominated program.
- You will not be able to stay longer than your visa stream allows, unless you apply for and are granted a different visa (or an extension).
- Please note that you may not be eligible for a SC 408 visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused whilst in Australia.
Visa costs are variable. For the latest costs and charges applicable to your visa – or for further information regarding entrance into Australia contact our experienced, qualified & trustworthy migration agent in Melbourne by clicking here.