If you are a senior citizen who is dependent on a relative residing in Australia, a subclass 838 or subclass 114 Aged Dependent Relative visa may suit your needs. The subclass 838 Visa is designed for applicants already inside Australia on another valid visa, while the subclass 114 visa is available for those who wish to submit their applications outside Australian borders.
These visas are subject to some limitations and conditions. Please read on to find out more information or contact us with any queries or questions.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN ONSHORE (838) OR OFFSHORE (114) VISA…
- You must meet the age requirements (aged pension) for the aged dependent visa, as highlighted under the social security act 1991 (cth).
- You must be deemed as ‘dependent’ on a relative currently residing legally in Australia.
- The relative who has been sponsoring you for a reasonable period must be willing to sponsor you. Their partner may also be your sponsor.
- You must submit your application within Australia and be in Australia to receive your visa on approval. If you are outside Australia at the time of submission, you may be eligible for the 114 visas.
WITH THIS VISA, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO…
- Enjoy the rights of a permanent resident within Australia.
- Apply for full citizenship of Australia, although the success of this application is not guaranteed.
- Travel to and from Australia unobstructed as a permanent resident for up to five years after the visa has been granted. Another visa application must be submitted if you are to continue this inbound and outbound travel at the end of the five-year period.
WITH THIS VISA, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO…
- Return to Australia after the initial five year period is completed, if you have left the country and wish to return after the initial five year period has expired. To legally enter Australia after the completion of this period, you must have another valid visa. This will depend on the length of time spent outside of Australia and the length of time spent in Australia within the 5-year period.
- Receive guaranteed-approval for Australian citizenship.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR APPLICATION…
- Check to ensure that the aged dependent relative visa program is not closed for this year. There is a limit on the number of 838 and 114 visas that the Australian government grants each year.
- Check processing times and ensure that your passport will remain valid for the entire application procedure.
Costs can vary, so to receive information on the latest prices for visa applications, it is recommended that you contact us directly. A member of our team will be able to assist you with further information and will help you get your application started. To get in touch, click here.