Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services, and Multicultural Affairs, Hon Alan Tudge, has announced the new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) that will help Australia in its recovery from the COVID pandemic.
The 17 occupations cover three industries, health care, construction, and information technology, which will help the country strengthen its health and economic response.
Visa holders who have an occupation listed on the PMSOL and are sponsored by an Australian business may request an exemption from Australia’s travel restriction. In addition, visa applicants with occupations listed on the PMSOL will also receive priority processing.
All travelers are mandated to undergo 14 days of quarantine upon arrival to Australia and it will be at their own expense.
This list is temporary only, and its purpose is to assist Australia in its economic recovery. Therefore, the PMSOL is subject to change without notice.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Is your occupation listed in the PMSOL? Don’t wait, contact us to see how we can help.