To enable your family members to join you on your trip to Australia there are a few steps you need to follow. Please make sure that you follow the instructions precisely as this would ensure that you and your family can enjoy your time in Australia.
Approved family members can do the following:
- Travel with you in Australia as long as you have included them on the Visa Application.
- Visit you in Australia as a subsequent entrant as long as you have included them on the original Visa Application.
For any Visa Application, it is crucial that you include all your family members on the application as they will not be granted entry if you did not add them to your Student Visa Application.
In the event that you did not add all your family members on your Visa Application, the excluded family members will not be granted access and you will have to reapply for a new Student Visa in order to add them. The only exception to this is if they became family members AFTER you were granted a Student Visa and before a subsequent application was made.
For your family to join you in Australia as subsequent entrants on your Student Visa, you will need to provide the following certified documents with the online application:
- Certified copies of Identification Documents i.e. – Birth Certificates, National ID Card, Passport or Hoko Book
- Certified proof of Relationship for each family member i.e. – Birth Certificates or Marriage Certificate
- Certified Copy of your main Passport
- Evidential documents from education provider that you are still studying
- Evidence of Financial Capacity
- Proof of annual income of minimum AUD $70,000
- Proof of funding for travel and 12 months tuition as well as living costs for all entrants traveling on the visa, including dependents for the first 12 months
- Proof of school enrolment for school-aged dependents
- Proof of health insurance for each person on the application
Every subsequent entrant must comply with the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement and health and character requirements to be granted this Visa. All subsequent entrants could also be requested to provide additional documentation depending on their specific circumstances.