Other Family Visas

This section covers all other Family visa options. The Aged Dependent Relative, Remaining Relative, and Carer visas.

Adoption Visa - Offshore (Subclass 102) View visa details >

The Adoption visa (102) allows an adopted child, or a child in the process of adoption, to live in Australia, provided that at least one of the adoptive parents is a full citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Child Visa - Onshore (SC 802) / Offshore (SC 101) View visa details >

If you are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen who meets eligibility requirements and your child is not currently an Australian permanent resident, you may sponsor your child to become a permanent resident through the Child Onshore visa (802) or Offshore visa (101).

Orphan Relative Visa - Onshore (SC 837) / Offshore (SC 117) View visa details >

The subclass 837 and 117 visas allow eligible relatives to sponsor and support a relative child as one of their own. This situation may arise due to the child's parents not being able to provide care and support for the child. For example, this could include cases where the child's parents have both past away, are permanently incapacitated or of unknown whereabouts.

Dependent Child - Offshore (Subclass 445) View visa details >

The Dependent Child (445) visa enables the child of a parent who is currently holding a temporary Partner (820/309) visa to join them in Australia.

Aged Dependent Relative – Onshore (SC 838) / Offshore (SC 114) View visa details >

This visa allows some older people to migrate to Australia if they are dependent on an eligible relative in Australia to provide financial support for them. Thus, applicants must rely on a relative in Australia and must be sponsored by them or their partner.

Remaining Relative - Onshore (SC 835) / Offshore (SC 115) View visa details >

Remaining relative visas are designed to enable individuals (and their partners) whose remaining relatives are currently residing in Australia to become permanent residents within the country and join their remaining near relatives in Australia.

Carer Visa - Onshore (SC 836) / Offshore (SC 116) View visa details >

The Carer visa enables a family member to remain or come to Australia for the sole purpose to provide medical care and assistance to a relative who is a usual or settled resident in Australia. In order to apply for this visa, applicants must ensure that there is no other relative currently in Australia who can provide this care and assistance.

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) View visa details >

If you are applying for a visitor visa to travel around the country, you will need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds.